WORD IS BOND is a series of painting prints inspired equally by early-20th century art and late-20th century hip-hop. Each painting features a literal depiction of a song lyric from artists such as Notorious B.I.G. and Jay Z, in a minimalistic style influenced by artists such as Josef Albers and Mark Rothko.
In addition to serving as an homage to disparate artists and artforms, the paintings are meant to challenge false discipline hierarchies in art (i.e. the bullshit notion that modern art is "high-brow," while hip-hop is "low-brow").
• Printed in the USA with proprietary UV-protected archival HP inks on wide-format printers.
• Artist-quality acid-free cotton-blend canvas. No additives. No agents.
• Hand stretched on a 1.25"-thick wooden stretchers.
• Ready to hang with sawtooth hangers attached to a finished backing.
• Prints are contiguous over the edges of the frame, and tautly adhered to the stretcher bars with no slack, and expertly-joined corners.
• Colors may be vary slightly depending on the calibration of your monitor.
• Prints incorporate intentional weathering, scratches, and layered effects. These are not printing errors or shipping damage.